To protect public assets, some facility users may need to provide general liability insurance naming Mount Shasta Recreation and Parks District as additionally insured. Liability insurance is for $1 million per occurrence and occasionally higher based upon the risk potential of the activity. Insurance is due within 30 days of an event.
Insurance is generally required for any of the following:
- An event or facility rental that is open to the public.
- An event or facility rental where alcohol will be sold.
- Businesses operating on District property.
- Sporting events or leagues.
- Where insurance is deemed necessary by the District based upon the risk potential.
More information on insurance requirements as well as example insurance documents can be found in this PDF:MSRPD InsuranceRequirements.pdf