SISKIYOU ICE RINK - RINK GUARD
Applications accepted through October 2nd, 2023.
Under the supervision of the Rink Manager and Assistant Manager. Rink Guards are responsible for assisting in the completion of daily tasks designed to ensure and maintain a safe and welcoming environment. This is seasonal employment, mid November through February.
$15.50 - $16.50 per hour. Depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Rink Guards may not be required to perform all the duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Greet patrons and guests with enthusiasm and with a smile.
• Communicate with skaters, fellow guards and supervisors
• Educate patrons of, and enforce facility rules on and off the ice for patrons’ enjoyment and safety
• Keep the flow of skaters moving in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Provide basic first aid to skaters and notify the supervisor of accidents as needed.
• Provide basic skating tips to new skaters
• Maintain the ice surface free of debris or obstacles that may represent a hazard to skaters.
• Assist handing out, cleaning and putting away rental skates
• Participate in keeping all areas of the facility neat, clean, and safe at all times. These duties include sweeping and mopping the rink restrooms, office, bleachers and removing trash, cleaning rink glass etc.
• Assist with shoveling/snow removal
• Perform other duties assigned by managers
• Ensure that when a session ends or when resurfacing activities are to take place, that patrons are advised and that you facilitate the orderly and expedient exit of the rink to stay on schedule for the next session.
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• The ability to skate in control
• Ability to work varied hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to work in a cold environment.
• The estimated working positions will be standing, walking, and sitting approximately 90% of the time.
• Occasionally climbing stairs, ladders, and crawling.
• Occasional reaching overhead and stretching, kneeling and squatting.
• Some bending and occasional work on rough, uneven terrain.
• Occasional handling and dexterity.
• Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying abilities under 75 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations provided.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND FINGER PRINTING
• If required, individuals must pass the District pre-employment medical examination.
• If required, individuals must be fingerprinted and meet legal requirements to work as a supervisor or discipline authority over minors.
MSRPD is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran statusJob Application Form.pdf