We'll see you in November 2021!
The rink is closed for the 2020/2021 season, check back for updates.
For the rink to operate COVID-safe, we'll need your help. Please read the following before planning your visit.
The rink may be forced to close at any time due to adverse weather conditions or a change in Siskiyou counties COVID-19 risk level. Be sure to check the weather and call the rink at (530) 926-1715 before making the trip. See you on the ice!
What you need to know:
- Public Skate will primarily consist of 90 (ninety) minute sessions. Attendance at public skate sessions will be limited to 75 people per session.
- All skaters and spectators must have face coverings and adhere to social distancing guidelines posted at the rink.
- We are unable to take reservations and all admissions will be first come first served. The admissions office will be open 15 minutes before the start of each session.
- Patrons are asked to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to scheduled activity and leave immediately following the activity. No congregating on or off the ice.
- Please arrive with individuals within your household. No mixed household groups.
- The rink will not be serving any food or beverages. Prepare by bringing your own water bottle, however we ask that food is not brought into the facility during your visit.
- Rental helmets will not be available.
- We ask that only individuals skating and those needed to supervise a skater enter the facility.
- The rink may be forced to close at any time due to adverse weather conditions or a change in Siskiyou County's COVID-19 risk level.
- Due to COVID-19, hockey games and tournaments are canceled until further notice.
- Please stay home if you feel sick or have symptoms such as cough or fever.
Operations will adhere strictly to State and County Public Health Guidelines for reopening.
THERE IS AN INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE WHERE PEOPLE ARE PRESENT. BY ENTERING THE SISKIYOU ICE RINK, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19, AND THE MOUNT SHASTA RECREATION AND PARKS DISTRICT DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED THERETO.
The rink is 85 feet wide by 200 feet long – making it the only National Hockey League regulation-sized outdoor rink in California. Skating in an open-air rink is a thrill, especially with the magnificent Mt. Shasta scenery surrounding you!